Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tonight DD and I walked for 25 minutes.

She is 12 and weighs 230 pounds. She is about 5' 6". She wears size 20 pants.

I am 45 and I weigh 184.5 and am about 6' tall. I wear size 14 on my way to a 12.

I asked her to stop drinking sugary drinks and juices and instead drink water or diet drinks and eat fresh fruit. Our goal is to get her into an 18 by August 27th which is when school starts.

I have added more fiber to my diet and fresh fruit.

We plan to walk every night and then add additional excercise in a few weeks.

Our goal is that she gets to the same size as me or smaller. Of course this is a moving target and since she is still growing we will adjust it accordingly. I would like my weight to ultimately get to 160. Of course I don't know what size I would be at that weight but I would like to be leaner and have more muscle definition.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you two!!! Sounds like you have a great plan. Also, a great support system! Good luck!

Lisa said...

Go for it! I'm glad you have each other to lean on, to encourage each other. It's always so much harder alone.

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I think diests are a very hard tak for a young girl. She mustbe brave

Nicole & Phil said...

I was wondering how you weere both going with this? I hope you are both able to work together!
Cheers

Faith said...

How are diets getting along? I know its not easy Im a large size 20 and have difficulties with weight issues,,, we all have to support one another. My weight is up and down like a yo yo let me know how you get on and keep in touch
xx

MAMACRAFTY said...

You GO girls!~! Have a look at:
www.sparkspeople.com
It is totally free! I have lost 8 pounds! Living with 5 skinny guys who nosh all the time is a challenge! Best wishes!

BizarreQuilter said...

A good start. Well done.

It's pretty hard for a 12yo to resist temptation. It's hard to say no to a sugary drink when it's just there. However, if you have something seen as "interesting" and different she won't feel like she is missing out.

e.g. When other people are eating cakes at morning tea, I don't feel like I am missing out when I have some of my favourite fruit in a salad e.g. strawberries and pineapple. (Did you know strawberries have practically no calories???).

It's tough. It's a mind thing too.

Loz in Oz